Nothing is sweeter than God’s salvation. The “Sweet Salvation” chocolate bar is an evangelistic tool that proclaims God’s salvation for humankind made possible by the richness, and sweetness, of God’s grace.
Inspired by an early 20th century article in The Officer magazine, the bar professes the message of CHOCOLATE.
The message of Sweet Salvation is taken from Ephesians 2:8: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” The wrapper’s back panel contains the Roman Road of Salvation and John 3:16, with the aim of communicating scriptural truths in a novel format.
The Sweet Salvation chocolate bar can be given away without any explanation (the message is contained on the wrapper), but it is preferable to use it in such a way as to form a gospel connection. A gospel connection always begins with conversation.
Consider using the Sweet Salvation chocolate bar in the following ways to enhance your evangelistic outreach:
- Give to new attendees at your corps as a welcome treat
- Distribute to crowds at an Open Air service, taking the time to unpack the CHOCOLATE meaning and message
- Use as an object lesson or sermon illustration
- Challenge corps members to give a Sweet Salvation gift to a friend or neighbor who doesn’t know the Lord
- Pass out on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter – all the holidays when people consume chocolate, to keep front and center the message of salvation
- Recommendation: print your corps’ name and address on small stickers, and affix them to the back of the chocolate bar wrapper
Click here to go directly to this resource.